Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Man does not live by bread alone! 0:)

Finally getting back to having more in my life than work as a Journalist and Executive Producer or Conceptualist! Finding time to get some reading done; even if most of it is research related and joined at the hip to productions and assignments. 0:)

In that light, I have various articles and interviews I've promised and I need to catch up on, now the work load is shifting away from being focused completely on Production and Newspath work. I owe so many articles, interviews and manuscripts it is wayyyyyy beyond a joke.

An article requested by a magazine covering Ken Duncan and his work wasn't able to be completed and that was for Ken's 25th anniversary a few years ago. I owe him that one! We managed to get the interview fitted in but the article was placed on hold.

http://www.kenduncan.com/

Which reminds me that I bought an autographed copy of one of Ken's books back in 2001. It was a gift for someone I'd organized to conduct an interview with for an article in an Australian magazine that had been unable to get an interview previously.

My brother (the editor of the book) also sent a signature to be included in the gift. I'd been told by the interviewee's family members that this person loves Australia and as he'd only had 2 days working in Sydney and Melbourne previously, I thought a photographic book might entice him to visit our fair shores over a longer period.

http://www.koorong.com/search/product/great-southland-ken-duncan/0958668132.jhtml

Also gave him a copy of one of my books as well. 0:)

http://www.bookdepository.com/Looking-for-Dad-Ellen-Frances/9780613305655

Actually, I left it with a relative of the interviewee (someone who was interested in writing a children's book) and apparently it has only now been passed on.

So! Short version of where we are up to here, the way we left it was that he was going to contact me when he was able to do the interview. In the meantime, the magazine the interview and article was organized for has ceased to exist! However, I'd love to accept his recent offer to buy me a coffee so we can catch up. 0:)



Looking forward to it!

Ellen 0:)




No comments: